Based in London the Director of Operations will be responsible for ensuring that the twobirds brand in Europe operates at the highest level of service and efficiency. The jobholder is responsible for managing and growing the brand throughout the UK and Europe, including the management of the twobirds Covent Garden flagship showroom, wholesale business, local production and financial management.
Job title: Director of Operations, twobirds Bridesmaid Europe
Salary: Competitive package
Employer: twobirds Bridesmaid UK ltd
Place of Work: 79 Long Acre, London, WC2E 9NG
Reports to: CEO twobirds
twobirds Bridesmaid is a leading bridesmaid dress company with locations in London, New York, Toronto and Sydney. The company is renowned for it’s ONE dress that wraps over 15 ways to flatter women of all shapes and sizes and can be worn again after the wedding. twobirds is currently sold in 50 independent bridal boutiques around the UK and Europe as well as our flagship London store. All dresses are made locally in London.
twobirds offers a unique opportunity to gain a 360 degree experience in every aspect of a fast paced small business, including retail, wholesale, marketing, production, PR, customer service, and more.
It is a high performance company that requires focus and self-motivation, attention to detail and a sharp mind, but also motivates, provides a fun working environment and rewards personal success and accomplishment.
- The Director will be responsible for all ongoing management and expansion of the twobirds European operation and its staff (currently a team of four).
- Managing HR and updating staffing policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with legislation.
- Business finance and accounting including month end reporting internally and to the CEO.
- Management of the twobirds flagship property, including lease negotiations when applicable
- Overseeing production – fabric and (third party) factory management and development
- Wholesale account management and administration assisted by the Junior Wholesale Manager
- Agent management in relevant territories
- Oversight, logistics and planning for Bridal Shows
- Product development
- Overseeing PR and social media plans and budgets
Essential skills & experience
- Previous operations and management experience essential, with the ability to coach junior team members
- Qualifications to A Level or equivalent
- Knowledge of the bridal industry or other retail environments
- Experience in finance management, reporting and budgeting.
- Fully proficient in Microsoft office and Excel
- Intuitive, fast thinking mind with the ability to multi task and manage a vast range of priorities simultaneously
- Advanced relationship building skills, working with customers and vendors, including the ability to create relationships and nurture them on an ongoing basis.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (including confident management and interpersonal skills with a variety of staff, clients and suppliers)
- Confident in handling customer service issues with the ability to problem solve
- Highly organized, self-motivated, ability to work independently but take direction when required
- Commercially aware, being results-driven, thrives in a targeted environment and able to maximize sales opportunities.
- Ability and willingness to travel (must hold a full UK driving licence)
Applications are welcome from dynamic, confident individuals within the fashion industry or outside with a relevant skill set and experience in Management, Finance and Sales.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org